Syllabus of postgraduate 2nd level professional study programme “Residency in medicine”
Speciality: Anaesthesiologist / Reanimatologist
Code of speciality: P18
Credit score: 220 CP (330 ECTS)
Duration of programme: 220 weeks
Programme Director: Oļegs Sabeļņikovs, Asst. Prof.
Goal of the programme: to provide the theoretical knowledge and skills accordingly the demands of the regulations of the specialty Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, to set the stage for the certification in the specialty agreeably to the laws and regulations of the Republic of Latvia.
Eligibility: MD degree.
- CONTENT OF THE PROGRAMME
First study year
- General surgery and thoracic surgery
- Neurology and neurosurgery
- Internal medicine (cardiology)
- ECG for anaesthesiologists
- Preamble of anaesthesiology, intensive care
- Preamble of paediatric anaesthesiology and intensive care
- Advanced cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Second study year
- Anaesthesia in abdominal surgery, in gynecology, in urology, in neurosurgery, in orthopedics and traumatology, in ophthalmology, in pediatrics, in angiology, Intensive care
Third study year
- Emergency medicine
- Anaesthesia in thoracic surgery, obstetrics and paediatrics
- Bronchology and fibreoptic tracheal intubation
- Intensive care in paediatrics
- Clinical microbiology and hospital epidemiology
Fourth study year
- Transfusiology basics
- Prehospital patients examination
- Anaesthesia in plastic and microsurgery, stomatology and maxillo-facial surgery, ENT and endocrine surgery, in acute surgery and during diagnostic manipulation, in ambulatory and one-day surgery
- Intensive care in cardiology, in toxicology
- Renal replacement therapy and methods of detoxication
Fifth study year
- Anaesthesia and intensive care in cardiosurgery
- Anaesthesia and intensive care in neonatology and paediatrics
- Intensive care and anaesthesia for patients with burns
- Anaesthesia in transplantology and management of donor organs
- Treatment of acute and chronic pain
- Centroaxial continued anaesthesia methods
- Advanced cardiopulmonary resuscitation (novelties and repetition)
- Adoption of new techniques in anaesthesiology and intensive care, development of course proceedings
- STUDY OUTCOMES
Medical expert in anaesthesiology and intensive care medicine, familiar with anesthetic and medical technology, general medicine, including diagnostic and therapeutic methods based on thorough basic knowledge of applied respiratory, circulatory and CNS-associated physiology and pharmacology.
Test: present and defend research work, sit the final state exam.
Study language: Latvian.