Syllabus of postgraduate 2nd level professional study programme “Residency in medicine”
Speciality: Paediatric Allergist
Code of speciality: A155
Credit score: 132 CP (198 ECTS)
Duration of programme: 132 weeks
Programme manager: Vija Švābe, Assistant Professor
Goal of the programme: to provide acquiring and improvement of theoretical knowledge and practical skills in according with requirements of speciality statute, to prepare the doctor for certification in children pneumonology.
Eligibility: MD degree, degree of Pediatrician
- CONTENT OF THE PROGRAMME
Theoretical education and practice:
- clinical and outpatient practice in children's pneumology
- adult clinical pneumology
- children's tuberculosis and adult clinical tuberculosis
- adult outpatient pneumology
- children's bronchology
- radiology for children
- children's reanimatology and intensive care
- physiotherapy in children's pneumology
- children's thoracic surgery
- children's otorhynolaringology (3rd year) – 4 CP
- STUDY OUTCOMES
Knowledge about children's airways, lung, pleura and mediastinum diseases and respiratory symptoms of other system diseases, diagnostics, treatment and prophylaxis;
Skills – examine patient and evaluate results of lung functional, endoscopical, allergological analyses;
Competence – to work independently as children pneumolgist with inpatients, to consult autpatient, to consult other specialists.
Test: theorethical, simultaneously for certificate.
Study language: Latvian.