Action Plan for Students in Case of Fire No 1 (FSI-l)
Issued in compliance with Regulations No 82 from 17/02/2004 of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Latvia.
I. Upon discovering fire, it is your obligation to:
1. Report to the State Fire and Rescue Service of Latvia (SFRS) by calling 112 or 01. Upon the report of fire, you must specify:
- location of fire;
- your name, surname and phone number for additional information.
- Note! The fire-fighting dispatcher hangs-up first!
2. Activate the nearest fire alarm box in case it has not reacted automatically.
3. Report damage to the administration of RSU by calling +371 67 409 262.
II. The sentry staff on duty must:
- Notify all people in the building about the fire.
- Meet the fire-fighting service.
- Employee meeting the fire-fighting service must show:
- the shortest way to the fire and internal water sources;
- where and how to unplug electricity.
III. The employee responsible for electricity or a person acting for him must:
- Switch off all electric devices and equipment at the location of fire.
- Check whether the ventilation system of the building has turned off automatically and perform other activities necessary in the respective situation that can prevent the further spread of fire. Electricity must be unplugged so that other devices adjusted for the safety of people and fire-fighters are not unplugged.
IV. The employee responsible for fire safety within the institution, or an administrative employee must:
- Check whether SFRS has been notified about the fire. In case of necessity, call 112 or 01.
- Assign an employee to meet the SFRS in order to show the shortest way to the fire and internal water sources.
- In case of necessity, call the medical service.
- Organize the evacuation of employees, students, visitors, documents and other material assets. Assist the fire-fighting brigade with all available means. Manage fire-fighting until the arrival of the SFRS:
- Open all doors and gates of the evacuation path.
- Prohibit the use of elevators.
- Organise evacuation so, as to avoid panic and alarmism.
5. Organise the registration and safekeeping of evacuees and material assets.
6. Upon the arrival of the SFRS, obey and act according to the commands of the SFRS Senior Officer.
V. After the arrival of SFRS, all persons are under the command of the SFRS officers.
VI. Evacuees are allowed to return only with the permission of the SFRC Senior Officer.