Year 1954 | History of RSU | History and Traditions | About RSU | Riga Stradiņš University

Year 1954

  • Google plus

RMI set up the Faculty of Paediatrics by order of the LSSR Ministry for Public Health, but the former was closed down on 1st September 1957 due to a change in the doctor training concept.

In 1966, RMI's Faculty of Paediatrics was restarted.

In 1982, the Children’s Illnesses Department of the Faculty of Paediatrics, which was based in the Republic’s Children’s Clinical Hospital was reorganised, creating a separate Children’s Illnesses Department for the teaching of students of the Faculties of Health Care and Dentistry. It was then located at the newly built Rīga City Children’s Clinical Hospital No. 1. in Gaiļezers.

In 1994, the Faculty of Paediatrics became the Paediatrics Division of the Faculty of Medicine.

1954 1Dr. Ivars Ebels with students in the 1960’s.

1954 2

Students at work.

1954 3

Rīga Stradiņš University, 16 Dzirciema Street, Rīga, LV-1007, Latvia, +371 67409261 (UTC +2),