A number of sets of draft MAL Regulations were developed and submitted for discussion:
- MAL Departmental Model Regulations,
- Regulations on the Election of MAL Academic Staff and Departmental Heads,
- Regulations on the MAL Teaching Council,
- Regulations on MAL Faculties,
- Regulations on the MAL Rector elections for the 1992/93 academic year.
On 8th January, MAL Rector, Professor V. Korzāns signed an agreement with three leading universities in the Baltic States about membership in the Baltic States University Association. The University of Latvia also represented Latvia in this Association. The main aims of the Association were:
- coordination of the foundation principles of study programmes, which would ensure a seamless transfer between study placements between the universities mentioned,
- mutual support in the accessing of high level lecturers, and their exchange between the Association’s universities,
- mutual support in the use of libraries, clinics and other teaching resources,
coordination of the level of qualification requirements, which would ensure the recognition of diplomas and degrees gained at the Association’s universities in all three Baltic States.
Meeting of the Baltic States Universities Association.
On 14th August, Jānis Vētra became the Acting Rector of the MAL. On 23rd May 1993, the MAL Conference of the Collective’s Representatives took place, where Jānis Vētra was elected Rector (the other candidate being Professor Andris Rubins).
MAL Rector Jānis Vētra.
On 14th October, the election of Departmental (course) Heads and academic staff took place for the first time at the MAL Senate session under the new Regulations.
At the beginning of the year, the construction of the current Rīga Stradiņš University’s Great Hall (MAL Great Hall) was begun. Due to economic circumstances it could only be completed in 2009.