7th International Conference on Diabetes & Obesity
Strategies, Solutions & Challenges
24–25 October 2013
On behalf of International Society of Antioxidants in Nutrition and Health (ISANH) and Rīga Stradiņš University (RSU) we are proud to announce the 7th World Congress on Diabetes & Obesity 2013 which will be held in Riga, Latvia on October 24-25, 2013.
Prevention & Treatments Strategies: Our Priority during Rīga Congress
In order to contribute to the slow-down and stop the progression of this disease, Rīga Diabetes & Obesity 2013 will discuss on the latest therapeutic innovations, the new pathways which will allow the development of new pharmaceutical treatments but also discuss how to prevent from diabetes and obesity by using natural ingredients to prevent or fight against diabetes and obesity.
Rīga Diabetes & Obesity 2013 aims also to launch the discussion between the different actors involved in the fight against obesity. It still remains that diabetes and obesity are multi-factorial problems, involving genetic, neurological, behavioural and cultural components, and as such, a long term solution to the problem is unachievable through single sector approach. Instead an integrated strategy is required, with input and close collaboration from all of the many different stakeholders involved – the food industry, governments and regulators, researchers, health professionals, the media, and of course consumers themselves.
The Sessions & Hot Topics of Rīga Diabetes & Obesity 2013 include:
- Overview on Diabetes and Obesity in Europe and around the World
- Where are we now? What we expect?
- How to explain the failure to stop the epidemic of diabetes and obesity?
- Cellular & Molecular Targets to for Prevention & Therapies against Diabetes & Obesity
- Strategies in 2013 to Prevent and/or Treat Diabetes & Obesity
- The prevention and treatment will be highlighted in term of strategies and solutions
- New pharmaceutical drugs
- New drugs to increase glucose excretion in urine
- Non-pharmaceutical strategies
- Nutrition, Diabetes & Obesity: What we can say in 2013?
- Medicalized food as a new window to personalized medicine
- Innovations, products and nutraceuticals
- Microbiota, Diabetes & Obesity: 2013
- The future of medicine to prevent diabetes and obesity will come through microbiota
- Diabetes, Obesity & Biotechnologies: the Non-Invasive Strategies
- Non-invasive blood glucose monitoring
- Challenges to tailor insulin of tomorrow: the non-invasive insulin
- Challenges of bioartificial pancreas
- Stem Cells, Diabetes & Obesities, When can we do it?
Looking forward to seeing you in Rīga in October!
Early Bird Registration fees: 30 June 2013
Oral presentation submission deadline: 23 September 2013
Poster presentation submission deadline: 1 October 2013