Change of declared address
Should your declared address in Riga change, please follow the guide below:
- STEP 1: Print and fill out application form
Print and fill out the application form.
- STEP 2: Go to your closest OCMA
- Riga 3 division. Eduarda Smiļģa iela 46 (close to RSU Student Hostel), +371 67 609 95
- Riga 2 division. Jura Alunāna iela 1 (Centre), +371 67 612 167
- Riga 1 division. Čiekurkalna 1. līnija 1, Block 3, +371 67 829 750
When planning the appointment time, please take into account that the OCMA located at 1 Čiekurkalna 1. līnija is further away from the city centre and it takes approximately 30 minutes from the Old Town and 50 minutes from RSU to get there.
- STEP 3: Submit documents
Submit all the necessary documents:
- Application form
- Passport/ID/travel document
- Rental agreement
- Your Registration Card
- STEP 4: Get new Registration Card
Get your NEW Registration Card on the spot or return to the Immigration Office (do not forget to book the appointment!) on the day indicated by the immigration officer. The OLD Registration Card is annulled and you usually receive it back. Since the OLD Registration Card is not valid any more, there is no obligation to keep it.
- STEP 5: Declare your address
Option 1 (Recommended)Declare the place of residence at the OCMA while receiving your Registration Card. You will not need to submit any additional documents – they will declare the address you have indicated in the application form, and you will have to pay a small fee of EUR 4.27.
Option 2Declare your place of residence electronically.The page under the link is available only in Latvian and authentication must be made via a Latvian internet bank, e.g. Swedbank, SEB Banka, Norvik Banka, Citadele, etc.
- STEP 6: Bring a copy of your new Registration Card to RSU
Bring a copy of your new Registration Card to the RSU Immigration Office in Block K, Room 218!