Skip to main content

Should your passport, ID or travel document expire, or should you get a new one for various other reasons, here is a guide as to what you have to do:

STEP 1: Print and fill out application form

Print and fill out the application form.

STEP 2: Make an appointment and go to OCMA

All services at the OCMA can be received by prearranged appointment only. You are requested to call the Office you wish to go to on weekdays from 8:00 to 20:00. The phone numbers and addresses of the Offices are listed below:

  • Jura Alunāna iela 1 (Centre), +371 67 612 167
  • Eduarda Smiļģa iela 46 (close to RSU Student Hostel), +371 67 609 957
  • Čiekurkalna 1. līnija 1,  Block 3, +371 67 829 750

When planning the appointment time, please take into account that the OCMA located at 1 Čiekurkalna 1. līnija is further away from the city centre and it takes approximately 30 minutes from the Old Town and 50 minutes from RSU to get there.

STEP 3: Submit documents

Submit all the necessary documents:

  • Application form
  • New Passport/ID/travel document
  • Your Registration Card
STEP 4: Bring your new passport to RSU

Bring a copy of your new passport to the RSU Immigration Office. You can also send a scanned copy of it via e-mail. Should the Immigration Office give you any document after checking your passport, please bring it to the RSU Immigration Office.

According to Latvian law, in case of changed passport, you are obliged to inform the Immigration Office about it as soon as possible. Failure to do so can cost you a EUR 35.00 fine and result in several meetings with State Border Guards! In such case you are obliged to visit the Office of State Border Guards on the date and time indicated by them.