Culture of Language for Managers (VC_021)
To supplement knowledge of Latvian Standard, to acquire skills of functional styles and using of them in practice, to combine the corrections with theoretical literature.
To speak Latvian fluently.
On completion of the course, the student will know:
- levels of language and their units,
- classification of language units according to standard norms,
- Latvian Standard and the codification process as well as the Latvian opportunities,
- the functional styles of language.
On completion of the course, the students will be able to:
- classify and analyse errors of language use,
- explain errors according to to the theoretical literature,
- interpret stylistic use of different units of language.
On completion of the course, the students will be able to find the mistakes of various language levels in the text and to correct them, to tell apart correct and incorrect, appropriate and inappropriate use of language, to combine the corrections with theoretical literature.