Dermocosmetics in Pharmacy (ZFTK_045)
To acquire knowledge about the significance of dermocosmetics in the care of healthy and pathologically altered body skin, scalp and hair. To determine opportunities of dermocosmetic usage in therapeutic regimen in condition of skin diseases. To define indications for dermocosmetics usage according to skin clinical conditions and consumer preferences.
Skin anatomy. Chemistry and cosmetics. Pharmacy care.
On successful course completion students will be able to:
• Orientate in the terminology of cosmetics, dermocosmetics, medications, to define the difference.
• Orientate in the groups of dermocosmetic products related to specific indications of usage.
• Analyse dermocosmetic basic formulas, ingredients, their significance.
• Determine individual purpose of dermocosmetic use in real clinical cases.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
• Define a skin type and its condition.
• Understand main indications for dermocosmetics use.
• Analyse the benefits of a particular situation with an appropriately chosen dermocosmetic product.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to provide advice on the skin type, its combination of conditions, as well as help in finding the right dermocosmetic product, taking into account the characteristics of the clinical picture and the requirements of individual needs.