Medical Terminology in Latin and Greek (VC_007)
To acquire skills and knowledge on correct reading, writing, usage and explanation of anatomical and clinical terms, to integrate the knowledge of Latin in studying other subjects and scientific work using the obtained knowledge in professional settings.
Latvian and English Alphabet.
On successful completion of the study course the students will know:
• basic rules in reading and writing medical terms;
• rules for making, explaining and using anatomical and clinical terms;
• how to interpret terminology acquired in anatomy, as well as terms neccessary in scientific and professional work.
On successful completion of this study course the students will be able to:
• read and write the medical terms correctly;
• identify, form, explain, classify and compare medical terms;
• interpret the Latin proverbs, understand their meaning.
On successful completion of the course the students will be able to use anatomical terms in academic, scientific and professional settings.
Study course planning
|Study programme||Study semester||Program level||Study course category||Lecturers||Schedule|
|Occupational Therapy||1||Bachelor’s||Required||Vita Vīksne|
|Physiotherapy||1||Bachelor’s||Required||Aija Zilvestre, Ināra Ābelīte|
|Orthotics and Prosthetics||1||Bachelor’s||Required||Vita Vīksne|