Public Health and Epidemiology (ZHAS_025)
The course aims to provide knowledge and understanding of modern Public Health and Epidemiology core issues as well as to build students' scientific, critical, systematic and analytical thinking.
Upon completion of the study course students gain knowledge about:
• disease prevention, health promotion;
• public health and epidemiology terms;
• operating principles of public health;
• health systems and funding in different countries;
• analysing and comparing epidemiological studies.
Students will be able to:
• apply public health concepts, terms;
• use the concepts and terms of epidemiology;
• apply appropriate knowledge in patient education;
• choose the most appropriate health care recommendation for the patient.
Upon completion of the study course students will be able to apply practically acquired knowledge in patient care, will be able to formulate public health definitions, concepts, will be able to develop preventive recommendations for patients and logically formulate and explain the meaning of epidemiology.