Sickness Absence Policy
There are 5 steps to follow if you have fallen ill.
- STEP 1: Inform the International Student Department
Inform the International Student Department via e-mail (foreignrsu[pnkts]lv) or call +371 67409212, and inform that you are ill and will not be able to attend University scheduled classes.
- STEP 2: Inform the teaching academic staff of the missing class via your classmates or via the secretary of the department
Ask your group mates to inform the teacher that you are ill and will be absent and / or inform the secretary of the department to inform the professor or teacher of your absence.
- STEP 3: Go see the doctor and get a reference
Make an appointment with a doctor (see: Health & Wellbeing).
- STEP 4: Submit the doctor's reference to the International Student Department
Submit an original of the doctor's reference to the International Student Department within 5 days after returning to the University. If colloquiums or exams took place during your absence that you did not take, you can take them afterwards according to an individually settled date and time. If, however, you submit the reference later than 5 days after you get well, you are not allowed to take colloquiums and exams on an individual basis
- STEP 5: Catch up with your classes
In order to catch up with the study process, you should first consult your group mates (copy what they have written down in the classes and ask about homework for next classes) and professors if necessary. There is a certain amount of classes set in each department that you have to participate in - regardless if you have missed these classes due to illness or any other reasons.