Second International Conference and Erasmus+ Staff Week
Innovative Approaches to Internationalisation
7–10 November 2017, Rīga Stradiņš University, Latvia
The current turbulences in the global geopolitical landscape have presented the professionals of internationalisation at institutions of higher education with more challenges than ever. Despite these occurrences, various stakeholders at these institutions continue to express great interest in international exchanges of knowledge and experience. The goal of this event is to address this dynamic environment by identifying innovative approaches that help institutions of higher education overcome new environmental complexities.
This event will gather leading internationalisation experts from various institutions in Europe. Some conference highlights include:
Innovation in Higher Education: Global Trends and Good Practice
• Dirk Van Damme, Head of the Skills Beyond School (SBS) Division, Directorate for Education and Skills, OECD, France
• Paolo Rotelli, President, San Donato Group, Italy
Innovation management and institutional changes in the turbulent international environment
• Toby Wilkinson, Deputy Vice-Chancellor for External Relations, University of Lincoln, United Kingdom
• Ursula Hans, Director, International Office, Humboldt University, Germany
Raising Funds for International Mobility
• Stéphanie Schott, International Relations Specialist, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Creating a Truly Bilingual University
• Barbara Good, International Director, FH Wien, Austria
Enhancing Experience of Internationally Mobile Students through an Online Environment
• Cécilia Brassier-Rodrigues, Director, Communication and Information, University of Clermont Auvergne, France
Integrating International Students into University Life
• Stav Brodsky, President, International Students' Association, Rīga Stradiņš University, Latvia
In addition to the conference programme, the Erasmus+ Staff Week will offer an interactive group workshop, as well as social and cultural activities. Participants will be encouraged to network and identify areas of collaboration during an informational fair.
The target audience for this second edition of the event is the staff of international offices at universities and other institutions that are involved in higher education. Last year the event attracted a hundred delegates from more than 40 institutions in 26 countries.
Please register HERE.
*The event is free of charge. Participants are expected to cover their own travel and living expenses through the Erasmus+ Staff Mobility Programme or otherwise.
Rīga Stradiņš University
16 Dzirciema Street
Phone: +371 67409264