Change of Declared Address | Immigration issues | Current Students | Riga Stradiņš University

Change of Declared Address

  • Google plus

Should your declared address in Rīga change, please follow the guide below:

STEP 2: Make an appointment and go to OCMA

All services at the OCMA can be received by prearranged appointment only. You are requested to call the Office you wish to go to on weekdays from 8:00 to 20:00. The phone numbers and addresses of the Offices are listed below:

  • Jura Alunāna iela 1 (Centre), +371 67 612 167
  • Eduarda Smiļģa iela 46 (close to RSU Student Hostel), +371 67 609 957
  • Čiekurkalna 1. līnija 1,  Block 3, +371 67 829 750

When planning the appointment time, please take into account that the OCMA located at 1 Čiekurkalna 1. līnija is further away from the city centre and it takes approximately 30 minutes from the Old Town and 50 minutes from RSU to get there.



Tram No. 11

Get on at:

Stop “Stacijas laukums” or any other stop along Kr. Barona Street.
Get off at:

Stop “2. Meža kapi” (11 stops from “Stacijas laukums”). After about a 20-minute ride you will cross a bridge. “2. Meža kapi” is the second stop after the bridge. Look for a big water tower that you will see on the right from the tram. The OCMA is right behind the water tower.

To go to OCMA from RSU, take trolleybus 25 (direction Brīvības iela), and get off at the stop “Miera iela”. Transfer to tram 11 (direction Mežaparks) and get off at “2. Meža kapi”.

STEP 3: Submit documents

Submit all the necessary documents:

  • Application form
  • Passport/ID/travel document
  • Rental agreement
  • Your Registration Card

STEP 4: Get new Registration Card

Get your NEW Registration Card on the spot or return to the Immigration Office (do not forget to book the appointment!) on the day indicated by the immigration officer. The OLD Registration Card is annulled and you usually receive it back. Since the OLD Registration Card is not valid any more, there is no obligation to keep it.

STEP 5: Declare your address

Option 1 (Recommended)

Declare the place of residence at the OCMA while receiving your Registration Card. You will not need to submit any additional documents – they will declare the address you have indicated in the application form, and you will have to pay a small fee of EUR 4.27.

Option 2

Declare your place of residence at one of the Municipal Offices. Take the following steps:

  • Take your passport or ID card;
  • Go to your Municipal Office in Rīga (see list below);
  • Submit a declaration form for place of residence (in some municipal offices the declaration form will be filled in by the employee of the office and you will just have to sign it).

STEP 6: Bring a copy of your new Registration Card to RSU

Bring a copy of your new Registration Card to the RSU Immigration Office in Block K, Room 218!

Note! According to Section 4 of the Declaration of Place of Residence Law, in case of change of the place of residence, you have an obligation to declare it within a time period of one month from the day you permanently reside at the new place of residence. Failure to do so will cost you a EUR 350.00 fine!

For more information, please contact the Immigration Officer:


Address: 16 Dzirciema Str., Room K-218
Phone:+371 67 409 262 (UTC+2)
E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Daina Ozola
Immigration Officer
Lauma Stankeviča
Immigration Officer


Rīga Stradiņš University, 16 Dzirciema Street, Rīga, LV-1007, Latvia, +371 67409261 (UTC +2),