Orientation Week is organised online before the beginning of the academic year. It is designed to help you, as a new student, to settle into university life and get to know study process.
What happens at Online Orientation Week?
During Online Orientation Week you will:
- meet other international students and staff from the International Admissions Office, the Dean's Office and the International Student Association;
- receive the timetable for your study programme and information on how to use RSU student information systems;
- have the opportunity to familiarise yourself with the study process at the University;
- receive information about RSU health services and safety in Riga;
- register for studies;
- receive information about immigration procedures;
- be able to participate in other activities organised by the International Department and the International Student Association.
Preliminary programme according (UTC/GMT+2).
- Wednesday, 26 January - Welcome to Latvia
11:00 Overview of the day 11:05 Welcome to RSU by Dr. Baiba Pētersone, director of the International Department 11:15
Riga and Latvia: First impressions by Ms Irma Kalniņa, expert on professional etiquette, international communications and diplomatic protocol
12:00 Safety in Riga by Mr Mārtiņš Ķipurs from Riga Municipal Police 12:30 Introduction to healthcare services by Dr. Cindy Heaster from RSU Outpatient Clinic
- Thursday, 27 January - First introductions
11:00 Welcome to Rīga Stradiņš University by Prof. Aigars Pētersons, Rector 11:10 Introduction to Class of Autumn Semester 2021 by Mr Māris Ginters, Head of the Admissions Office 11:50 Meeting RSU Student Union and Intenational Student Association Student life - organizations and societies 12:10 Immigration FAQ by Mr Reinis Gailītis from the Admissions Office 12:10 Erasmus+ icoming student info seminar via ZOOM 13:00 Dentistry Students’ Association meeting with the new dentistry students via ZOOM
- Friday, 28 January - Study process
11:00 Welcome by Dr. Smuidra Žermanos, Dean, International Student Department 11:10 Academic affairs - study platforms and grades 12:00 Class setting and how to approach studies 13:00 Presentation on student ID's and access to RSU e-mail by Ms Lelde Kozilāne from Student Services