RSU International department is organizing a seminar titled "Confidence Building in the Professional World", presented by international specialist in professional etiquette, communications and protocol, Irma Kalniņa will be held in the Senate Hall in the RSU main building, 16 Dzirciema iela, Rīga.
The topics covered in the seminar:
Business Etiquette Standards in the 21st century
- Business etiquette – relevance, benefits, gains
- Social etiquette in private and professional life
- Basic principles of business etiquette
- Business protocol for Introductions
- Workplace etiquette: e-mails; 4 generations
- Evolution and survival
- Impression management essence and objectives
- First impression – key determinants and observable signals
- What do others observe about you? Three possible "Selves"
- Small talk – Greeting and introduction conversations
- Harvard University Methods of Negotiations – the basis of all communication
- Formula for a goal-oriented conversation
- Dealing with difficult conversations
Professional Image and Identity
- The significance of your wardrobe
- Professional identity in the business world
- Business formal; business casual and smart casual basic principles
Entry is free and open to all students and staff.