RSU Great Hall
The Great Hall at Rīga Stradiņš University was opened in 2009 with a mission to serve education, science and art.
The Great Hall is a place where many academic and social events take place, for example, enrolment and graduation ceremonies, scientific conferences, inauguration and anniversary celebrations, concerts and other events.
The Great Hall will consider all offers for cooperation – it is possible to organise educational and cultural events, as well as corporate events there.
Technical options of the Great Hall
Significant advantages of the Great Hall are its acoustic properties and multifunctional nature, and the sound is remarkable. It was built in accordance with a high-end acoustic project, therefore it is suitable for concerts of classical and modern music, as well as acoustic concerts both of a single soloist and orchestra.
There is fade lighting in the hall and on the stage, which can be controlled from the control devices on the stage; the spotlights, depending on the situation, can be controlled manually or set in advance if the scenario of the event is known.
The Great Hall complex
- A digital organ Ecclesia D450 (the largest in the Baltic countries), made by Dutch manufacturer Johannus
- Specially selected Steinway & Sons concert grand, stored in a special closed room
- High quality sound and lighting, one front and two overhead lighting rails, side lighting
- Multimedia equipment - three screens (two rear projections, one front projection)
- 600 seats
- Functional auxiliary rooms: rehearsal hall (91 m2), two dressing rooms, technical room for sound and light engineers
The Great Hall is located in the central complex of RSU, 16 Dzirciema iela, Rīga.
- Trolley bus #9 or #25
- Tram #1 or #5
- Bus #21, #38, #39, #46 or #54