HEI Innovation for Knowledge Intensive Entrepreneurship EIT HIVE
The European Institute of Innovation & Technology (EIT) strengthens Europe's ability to innovate by providing solutions to pressing global challenges and nurturing entrepreneurial talent to foster sustainable growth and create skilled jobs. EIT is a body of the EU and an integral part of Horizon Europe, the EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation. The institute supports dynamic pan-European partnerships and EIT Knowledge and Innovation Communities, among which are leading companies, research labs, and universities.
Partners from different countries will participate in the project.
- The University of Latvia, Latvia - lead project partner
- Ted University, Turkey
- Czech University of Life Sciences, Czech Republic
- The University of Coimbra, Portugal
- The University of Applied Sciences Wiener Neustadt, Austria
- Essec Business School, France
- Rīga Stradiņš University, Latvia
- The Bulgarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Bulgaria
- The Coursera online learning platform, USA
About the EIT AII Initiative
The EIT AII initiative is a key objective for the European Institute of Innovation and Technology as part of the new EIT strategy. The initiative aims to support institutions of higher education with expertise and coaching, access to the EIT innovation ecosystem, which is the largest in Europe, and funding, enabling them to develop innovation action plans complementing the needs of individual institutions of higher education. This is the EIT HEI Initiative’s second call for proposals, following the success of the 2021 Pilot Call. So far, the initiative has provided funding to nearly 50 projects. The next call for proposals is expected at the end of 2022.