English in Dentistry (VC_060)
To develop students’ communication skills for use in academic and professional settings and to facilitate the acquisition of professional terminology for productive use.
Knowledge of the English language at secondary school level.
On successful completion of the course, the students will be able to:
• recognize professional terminology in different types of texts;
• recall professional terminology related to the field of dentistry;
• describe different phenomena in the field of dentistry using professional terminology in English.
On successful completion of the course the students will be able to:
• select and use appropriate terminology in English for oral communication (presentations, discussions) and written communication (e-mails) in the field of dentistry;
• use appropriate language devices to communicate their ideas both in written and spoken language;
• summarize the information in written and spoken language using relevant terminology in English;
• retell the general idea and specific information in different kinds of texts from varied types of sources.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to practically apply the acquired terminology in varied interaction settings.