Second Language (Spanish) and Intercultural Relations (VC_122)
To acquire Spanish for their social interactions in compliance with “Common European Framework of Reference for Language Learning, Teaching and Assessment” language proficiency levels A1/A2 l, at the same time developing students' intercultural understanding and awareness, developing effective oral and written communication skills in the context of intercultural and interpersonal communication, strengthening the ability to identify and apply diversity aspects to successful international business communication.
Without preliminary knowledge of the Spanish language.
After the successful completion of the course the students will:
• understand ordinary Spanish vocabulary, language structures and regularities for ordinary texts;
• be able to find out the necessary information;
• recognise and be able to differentiate whether the statement or the text is related to the present, past or future activities;
• recognise the right order of the words in the narrative sentence and in the interrogative sentence;
• be aware of the aspects of intercultural relations in the use of language.
On successful completion of the course the students will be able to:
• understand ordinary texts about common themes, letters, invitations, classified ads, weather broadcasts and other authentic materials;
• understand ordinary texts about common themes, dialogues, announcements in the airport or in the train terminal about the moving of the traffic, classified ads, weather broadcasts and other authentic material;
• make short summaries about longer texts, short announcements, e-mails, write down easy information, and fill in the forms;
• shortly tell about himself/ herself, his/her relatives, living conditions, surrounding, respond to the questions, make questions, using the common language structures;
• retell and paraphrase text, expressing his/her opinion, making simple sentences comprehend and be able to use the grammar structures needed in the daily communication;
• consider and apply intercultural communication aspects.
On successful completion of the course, the students will be able to use acquired lexical expressions and language structures in daily communication, while demonstrating awareness of the intercultural aspects of communication.
Study course planning
|Study programme||Study semester||Program level||Study course category||Lecturers||Schedule|
|International Business and Start-up Entrepreneurship, IBSEeng||3||Bachelor’s||Limited choice||Aleksandrs Timofejevs|
|International Business and Start-up Entrepreneurship, IBSE||5||Bachelor’s||Limited choice||Aleksandrs Timofejevs|