Society Health Welfare 2018 Conference
Contemporary Social Dynamics and Welfare:
Urban and Rural Development Perspectives
10–12 October 2018
Society. Health. Welfare has become a recognised International Conference which brings together researchers and specialists of various fields: sociology, public relations and communication, health and rehabilitation, pedagogy and psychology, social welfare and social work, economics, law and political science.
The 7th conference Society. Health. Welfare is dedicated to urban and rural studies from different perspectives.
Cities and countryside are traditionally associated not only with differences in lifestyles but also with differences in opportunities, highlighting the gap between centres and peripheries.
From a rural perspective, practical issues such as access to health, education, humanitarian services, employment, as well demographic processes, leisure and culture, etc. are still relevant.
The opportunities of the contemporary modern society make it possible to experience the rhythm of the globalized world and build links and contacts that today contribute to the gradual convergence of contrast between the cities and the countryside.
The organizers of the conference invite researchers to share and spread their knowledge and experience about transformations and resilience development strategies in urban-rural life in the context of global-local interchanges.
- Political and Economic Determinants of Urban-Rural Development
- Urban-Rural Linkages and Implications for Lifestyle and Socio Cultural Development
- Community-Based Health Care and Health Promotion
- Potential of Human and Social Capital in Urban-Rural Development
- Urban / Rural Linkages and Impact on Community Safety
- Social Enterprise as Potential for Development of Social Services and Community Welfare
- Pre-conference workshops: medical education, rehabilitation, social work
- Symposium of young researchers
The official language of the conference is English, therefore all abstracts have to be written in English.
- The deadline for abstract submission: 1 July 2018
- Presenting authors must register by 18 August 2018
The abstracts must be submitted via the conference website (currently being developed).
The proposer has to specify under which thematic block the article is submitted.
Abstract length: 300–500 words.
The abstract has to include:
- Name(s) and Surname(s) of Author(s), Institution, Country
- Name(s) and Surname(s) of Co-Author(s), Institution, Country
- Key words (3–5)
Conference Secretariat and Technical Organisers
Latvia Tours group
- Evita Grigoroviča, evita[pnkts]grigorovicarsu[pnkts]lv
Head of Organising Committee
- Assoc. prof. Lolita Vilka, lolita[pnkts]vilkarsu[pnkts]lv