RSU Students Sit National Exams in Social Work
The national exam period at Rīga Stradiņš University (RSU) has begun. Seven students from the Social Work Bachelor’s study programme and 14 students from the Master’s study programme sat their national exams on 2 and 3 April. This year the exam was held in unusual circumstances, due to the national state of emergency. The entire study process is currently taking place remotely, and students are taking exams using Zoom.
Though remote studies pose a challenge to students, lecturers and members of the National Examination Board, the technology and support that the IT Department has provided has helped ensure the exams go off smoothly.
‘I want to thank the members of the National Examination Board, the students and IT specialists Rolands Bļujus and Jānis Laizāns for their advice and technical support in preparing for the exam. I would also like to thank Ainārs Siliņš , Senior Computer Systems Engineer at RSU, for his professionalism, responsiveness and wonderful cooperation on the day of the exam,’ says the Head of the RSU Department of Welfare and Social Work Assoc. Prof. Lolita Vilka.
The National Examination Board was composed of both academic staff and employers.
The Chair of the Board was Dr. sc. soc. Vladislavs Volkovs, Leading Researcher at the Institute of Philosophy and Sociology at the University of Latvia, and an expert in sociology and social work at the Latvian Council of Science.
Members of the Board:
- Dr. phil. Lolita Vilka, Associate Professor at the Department of Welfare and Social Work, Head of the direction Social Welfare
- Dr. med. Liāna Deklava, Associate Professor at the Department of Welfare and Social Work
- Mg. soc. d. Marika Lotko, Lecturer at the Department of Welfare and Social Work, Acting Head of the professional Bachelor’s study programme Social Work
- Mg. soc. d. Ina Balgalve, Director of the Tukums municipality agency " Tukuma novada sociālais dienests"
- Mg. iur., Mg. hist. Andris Bērziņš, Director of the Samaritan Association of Latvia
- Mg. soc. d. Jana Pūķe, senior social worker at Riga Social Services Centre “Āgenskalns”
- Aldis Dūdiņš, Director of Social Services Department at the Ministry of Welfare
- Mg. ves. zin. Rita Rindža, Head of the Short-Term Chronic Patient Care Unit at Riga Hospital No.1, social worker
Mg. paed., Mg. ves. apr. Anita Ābele, Assistant and Study Process Organiser at the Department of Welfare and Social Work was the Secretary of the Board.