Study Process at RSU Will Take Place Remotely until 8 November
There has been an increase in COVID-19 cases in Latvia as well as among Rīga Stradiņš University (RSU) students in recent weeks, including cases that have been transmitted between students.
In order to reduce the health risk to RSU students, teaching staff, researchers and support staff, and to ensure the continuity of the study process and scientific activities at RSU, all on-site lectures and classes will be cancelled as of 26 October 2020. The study process will be organised remotely until 8 November 2020, in accordance with the existing lecture and class timetables.
This period is intended to ensure maximum possible social distancing between students and employees in order to substantially reduce transmission rates of COVID-19 infection.
After 8 November, RSU management together with RSU infectology and epidemiology experts will assess the results that these measures have had, and decide on further action. The decision will be announced through the official RSU communication channels - the website, the student portal MyRSU, and sent to students and lecturers by e-mail.
RSU would like to remind you that in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Observe self-isolation if you have arrived from abroad;
- Observe social distancing and avoid attending public events outside your studies;
- Always use a face mask on RSU premises;
- Observe a distance of 2m when gathering in larger groups;
- Disinfect and wash your hands regularly;
- Take care of your health! If you show any symptoms of respiratory infection, stay at home and inform your family doctor. If you test positive for COVID-19, self-isolate and inform your faculty immediately.
Let's respect one another and keep ourselves and others safe!