Consolidating the capacities of EATRIS-ERIC for Personalised Medicine (EATRIS-PLUS)
Specific objectives are:
- To consolidate EATRIS capacities in the field of Personalised Medicine to better serve academia and industry and augment the number of EATRIS Innovation Hubs with large pharma;
- To further strengthen the long-term sustainability of the EATRIS financial model;
- To drive patient empowerment through active involvement in the infrastructure’s operations;
- To expand strategic partnerships with research infrastructures and other relevant stakeholders.
The proposal relies on a scientific and technological programme combined with capacity-building activities across 16 EU countries, with the support of two umbrella organisations representing patient organisations and SMEs.
EATRIS-Plus will help pooling and exploiting the translational academic capacities of the infrastructure in omics technologies to enable researchers to better address the scientific and societal challenges of Personalised Medicine. A key output of the project will be the piloting and delivery of a multi-omic toolbox, that will include SOPs, guidelines for best practices, reference materials, quality parameters, analysis tools, criteria for establishing reference values, and will provide access to a repository of multi-omic data. Additionally, the coordination office and 13 existing national nodes of the infrastructure will participate in implementing joint outreach, training, industry engagement and international collaboration activities to further build national capacity, increase users’ trust and strengthen EATRIS and the ERA global scientific leadership in the areas of translational research and Personalised Medicine.
- the coordinator: EATRIS ERIC (EATRIS), Netherlands,
- UNIVERZITA PALACKEHO V OLOMOUCI (UP) Czechia,
- SERVICIO MADRILENO DE SALUD (SERMAS), Spain,
- HELSINGIN YLIOPISTO (UH), Finland,
- LUXEMBOURG INSTITUTE OF HEALTH (LIH), Luxembourg,
- STICHTING KATHOLIEKE UNIVERSITEIT (Radboudumc), Netherlands,
- UNIVERZA V LJUBLJANI (UL), Slovenia,
- THE PROVOST, FELLOWS, FOUNDATION SCHOLARS & THE OTHER MEMBERS OF BOARD OF THE COLLEGE OF THE HOLY & UNDIVIDED TRINITY OF QUEEN ELIZABETH NEAR DUBLIN (TCD), Ireland,
- RIGAS STRADINA UNIVERSITATE (RSU), Latvia,
- UPPSALA UNIVERSITET (UU), Sweden,
- KLINIKUM RECHTS DER ISAR DER TECHNISCHEN UNIVERSITAT MUNCHEN (TUM-MED), Germany,
- FORUM EUROPEEN DES PATIENTS (FPE) (EPF), Luxembourg,
- FUNDACIO HOSPITAL UNIVERSITARI VALL D'HEBRON - INSTITUT DE RECERCA (VHIR), Spain,
- COMMISSARIAT A L ENERGIE ATOMIQUE ET AUX ENERGIES ALTERNATIVES (CEA), France,
- ISTITUTO SUPERIORE DI SANITA (ISS), Italy,
- UNIVERSITETET I OSLO (UiO), Norway,
- BIOCAT LA FUNDACIO BIOREGIO DE CATALUNYA (BIOCAT), Spain,
- INFARMED - AUTORIDADE NACIONAL DO MEDICAMENTO E PRODUTOS DA SAUDE IP (INFARMED), Portugal,
- SOFIA UNIVERSITY ST KLIMENT OHRIDSKI (SU), Bulgaria,
News and events
- EATRIS-PLUS kick-off meeting in Lisbon
On 13 February 2020, the Horizon 2020-funded project EATRIS-Plus held its kick-off meeting in Lisbon, Portugal. Patient organisations, academia and industry representatives from 16 different countries gathered in Lisbon to inaugurate the project’s start. The event was hosted by INFARMED, the Portuguese medicines agency and EATRIS representative in the country. EATRIS-Plus will run for 48 months, and is coordinated by the EATRIS ERIC network.
During the kick-off meeting all the scientific, educational and management packages of the project were presented and the first key milestones were discussed. The main objectives of the project are to support translational research and personalized medicine, with an emphasis on the quality of the research and obtained results, with an impact on public healthcare.
To learn more about the project, you can head over to the EATRIS-PLUS webpage.
Information posted on 17.02.2020
- EATRIS-Plus 2021 Annual Meeting
Due to the global pandemic EATRIS-Plus 2021 Annual Meeting will be held virtually this year on the afternoons of February 3rd and 4th. The agenda will focus on WP updates, what was accomplished in 2020 and what is upcoming in 2021. Which challenges has the pandemic created, but also which opportunities does it offer?
The newly formed EATRIS-Plus Patient Advisory Committee will be hosting a keynote talk and a panel discussion on patient engagement and their role in the project.
The second day of the meeting will have a strong focus on reporting and H2020 financial rules as the first reporting period closes in June 2021.
Register here: https://eatris.eu/events/eatris-plus-project-annual-meeting…
Information posted on 27.01.2021
- ERIC FORUM CROSS-DOMAIN WORKSHOP ON RESEARCH QUALITY AND REPRODUCIBILITY, 10-11.february 2021
As part of the ERIC Forum Implementation Project, EATRIS is organising a cross-domain workshop on the subject of quality and reproducibility in the research process. The workshop will exchange best practices and explore challenges in the design and execution phase of research, and feature speakers from all domains of the ERIC Forum.
Seminar language: English.
We invite you to get acquainted with the seminar program and register for the seminar here: https://eatris.eu/events/eric-forum-cross-domain-workshop-o…
Information posted on 05.02.2021
- EATRIS-PLUS SUMMER SCHOOL IN PERSONALISED MEDICINE 2021
The first EATRIS-Plus Summer School in Personalised Medicine within the framework of EATRIS-Plus Project will take place virtually on June 14-18, 2021. The Summer School is organised by INFARMED – EATRIS Portugal in collaboration with University of Ljubljana – EATRIS Slovenia.
The curriculum is designed to address a wide array of topics from omic-based strategies and structural pillars of personalised medicine to biomarkers, pre-clinical models, clinical trials and regulatory aspects, as well as health economics, reimbursement strategies, and patient engagement.
- up to 40 participants will be accepted: PhD students, Postdocs, researchers, academics, medical doctors, clinicians, and healthcare industry professionals.
- fully virtual, daily sessions between 10.00 -13.00 CET
- free of charge
View programme and apply for the summer school here: https://eatris.eu/events/eatris-plus-summer-school-in-perso…
Information posted on 17.05.2021
- Personalised Medicine: Working Together for Accelerating Transfer and Adoption with an Ecosystem Perspective
Webinar and roundtable “Personalised Medicine: Working Together for Accelerating Transfer and Adoption with an Ecosystem Perspective” organized in collaboration with our project partner Biocat, together and the Council of European BioRegions (CEBR) will take place on June 23, 2021.
The main aim of this roundtable is to promote an open discussion, where different stakeholders will share their ideas and vision on how to accelerate the innovation value chain to provide solutions to unmet medical needs. What is the role of large infrastructures and flagship projects like EATRIS in the advancement of patient-centric Personalised Medicine adoption? How can ecosystems and policy-making accelerate this process?
Join this open discussion, which will give answers to these and other key questions, and find out the best examples of stakeholder collaboration to support the advancement of Personalised Medicine in Europe’s healthcare system.
Find the registration link on the event page here.
Information posted on 18.06.2021
- THEORY AND PRACTICE OF INDUSTRY AND ACADEMIA COLLABORATION
Two-day workshop on Theory and Practice Industry and Academia Collaboration will take place online on September 27-28th, 2021. This event will be organized in the framework of EATRIS-Plus H2020 Project by University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Pharmacy, Biocat and European infrastructure for translational medicine EATRIS.
The objective of the workshop is to address the benefits and challenges of public-private collaboration in pharmaceutical and biotechnological fields.
The number of participants is limited.
Tuition fully covered by EATRIS-Plus project.
For more information, please visit: https://eatris.eu/events/theory-and-practice-of-industry-an…
Information posted on 29.06.2021
- TMEX WINTER SCHOOL 2021
European infrastructure for translational medicine (EATRIS) is announcing an application for a 5-day digital course "Translational Medicine Explained (TMex)" in November 2021
The course is intended for PhD students, early postdocs, medical students and other young scientists who are involved in biomedical research and want to learn more about Translational Medicine.
There are only 30 seats, and discounted registration price applies for EATRIS members!
More information and registration here: https://eatris.eu/events/tmex-winter-school-2021/Please contact EATRIS-LV coordinator Zaiga Nora-Krūkle at zaiga[pnkts]norarsu[pnkts]lv prior to registration.
Information posted on 29.06.2021