Nanoparticle Transfer Through Endothelial Barrier (NanoTENDO)
Aim of present project is to elucidate the mechanisms of transfer through the endothelial barrier for the most promising carbosilane-based NPs: functionalized gold NPs, dendrimers, dendrons and their complexes with drugs and nucleic-acids-based immunomodulators.
Lead partner of the projekt - University of Lodz
Partners of the project - University of Alcala, Faculty of Sciences, Department of Organic and Inorganic Chemistry, Latvian Biomedical Research and Study Centre
- Study the uptake and efflux of NPs through the endothelial barrier and their cytotoxicity using molecular and cell biology techniques;
- Estimate the functional state of the endothelial barrier cells in the presence of NPs and their complexes;
- Repeat (1) and (2) under conditions of endothelial barrier stress induced by oxidative stress and acidification (related to brain ischemia) and the presence of amyloid-beta peptides (related to Alzheimer’s disease);
- Establish murine models of brain ischemia and AD; and
- Approve the therapeutic potential of NP complexes of drugs/nucleic acids tested above in in vivo system.