Fundamentals of Accounting and Finance (SBUEK_180)
About Study Course
To develop students' understanding of companies and public finances, to provide insight into the financial analysis of a company, cash flow assessment, financial reporting as well as public finance. To develop the understanding of the role of accounting, its goals and objectives in business. To assist in the acquisition of accounting of company's funds and financial sources, economic processes and their financial results, considering the basic principles of accounting and applicable regulatory enactments.
Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Mathematics, Business English.
Students are able to demonstrate understanding of basic accounting issues.
Students will be able to apply the knowledge gained during the course in planning of their personal and company budgets, working in private business as well as in the public sector.
Upon successful completion of the course students are able to:
• comprehend financial statement data as well as make the necessary calculations to assess the financial position of the company;
• orientate in the principles of drawing up the state budget;
• present and apply basic accounting skills.
Students are able to:
• explain the company's indicators of profitability, liquidity, activity, capital and productivity;
• calculate cash flow values, perform calculations related to interest rates;
• conduct analysis of the company's financial statements;
• critically analyse the state budget;
• independently calculate simple accounting tasks.
Study course planning
|Study programme||Study semester||Program level||Study course category||Lecturers||Schedule|
|International Business and Start-up Entrepreneurship, IBSEeng||2||Bachelor’s||Required||Anželika Berķe-Berga, Ģirts Burmistris|