Modern Communication Technologies (KSK_164)
To provide a theoretical and practical insight into the specifics of the internet environment reviewing media use habits, change of language and relations, importance of a story, diversity of media perception and role, diversity of multimedia environment contents and forms.
Students recognise and/or respectively use:
• story in the internet environment, storytelling;
• photo – basic principles, quality elements in photography, creation of a photo story;
• blogging, social media, creation of an image and community;
• visualisation of data – tools and formats;
• sound – recording of audio, voice, technique, editing;
• language, text – writing of a text for the internet, typography, text layout, language use;
• video – composition, camera angles, camera movements, editing, interview;
• multimedia story platforms – their possibilities and shortcomings.
During the course students practically create a multimedia human interest story using reviewed forms – photo, audio, video, infographics – and post it on any internet platform appropriate for the study.
Able to autonomously and responsibly produce, analyse and evaluate multimedia stories.
Study course planning
|Study programme||Study semester||Program level||Study course category||Lecturers||Schedule|
|Multimedia Communication, MK||1||Bachelor’s||Required||Marta Herca|
|Multimedia Communication, MKN||1||Bachelor’s||Required||Marta Herca|
|Public Relations, SA||1||Bachelor’s||Required||Marta Herca|
|Journalism, ZR||1||Bachelor’s||Required||Marta Herca|