How to get a personalized e-ticket with a student discount
When starting studies at Rīga Stradiņš university, both full-time and part-time students can receive a discount on Riga’s public transport – bus, tram and trolleybus.
To apply for a discount, you need a personalized e-ticket and have to go to one of RP SIA "Rīgas Satiksme" customer service centers, bringing an identity document, a Reference prepared by RSU Student Service and a student card.
How to top up a personalized e-ticket:
You can top up your personalized e-ticket in several ways:
- RP SIA "Rīgas Satiksme" ticket machines
- Narvesen service points and other ticket offices
- RP SIA "Rīgas Satiksme" website
How to top up the e-ticket through the RP SIA "Rīgas Satiksme" website
- Enter the "Rīgas Satiksme" website https://www.rigassatiksme.lv/lv/
- Select the E-services section
- Log in - you can do it in two ways:
- Register and create your RS account, or
- Enter your e-ticket number.
Once you have logged in, you can choose to buy a ticket and follow the information to pay via Internet banking.
It takes up to 48 hours for the purchased e-tickets to load in your e-talon.
How to extend the transportation subsidy
"Rīgas Satiksme" fare discount is granted for 6 months. Students must renew the discount in October and March.
There are several ways to extend your fare discount:
In case you have a personal identification code and you have previously provided it for Rīgas Satiksme -
- Log in to the student portal MyRSU or use the phone application MyRSU
- Select tile "Apply for transportation Subsidy"
- A new window "Apply for fare relief" will open for you.
- Check that the data about you are correct and click the 'Send data' button
- SIA "Rīgas Satiksme" will receive your application and send you an e-mail within 5 - 7 working days with the information that the discount has been granted
- Once you have received an e-mail from RS, go to one of the "Rīgas Satiksme" self-service ticket machines and insert your personalized e-ticket. This should automatically activate the student discount!
- I have done everything as mentioned in the previously, but the fare discount is still not granted. What to do?
- Check if you have received an e-mail from "Rīgas Satiksme" with the message that the fare discount has indeed been granted
- If you have received an e-mail from "Rīgas Satiksme", but the discount has not been granted, we remind you that it is MANDATORY to insert the e-ticket into the "Rīgas Satiksme" self-service ticket machine before topping it up!
- In case you have not received an e-mail from "Rīgas Satiksme" and you have found that due to technical reasons the fare discount has not been granted, write to the IT service center at itrsu[pnkts]lv, indicating your e-ticket number!
- If you want to go to "Rīgas Satiksme" customer service center
- If you want to renew the fare discount in person, you will need to go to one of the "Rīgas Satiksme" customer service centers
- Bring your e-ticket, passport / ID card, Reference in Latvian from RSU Student Service, which confirms that you are a student of Riga Stradiņš university
- In case you don’t have a personal identification code
"Rīgas Satiksme" will accept a Reference within 30 days from its date of issue. The date of issue can be found at the top of the document.
- In case you don’t have Latvian personal identification code (personas kods) then it is important that you request Reference from MyRSU student portal https://services.rsu.lv/lv/applications, the Reference needs to be in Latvian and addressed to "Rīgas Satiksme" and in the comment section write your passport or ID number which you will take with you to "Rīgas Satiksme" customer service center! Also, choose how you want to receive the Reference: by post (paper version) or e-mail (electronically signed document)
- Once you receive the Reference, you will have to go to "Rīgas Satiksme" customer service center and show them the Reference and your personal passport or ID card.
You can also submit a statement "Rīgas Satiksme" in electronic format:
- You can apply for an electronic statement through the MyRSU Student portal https://services.rsu.lv/lv/applications
- Select the section "Status inquiry request", select "Rīgas Satiksme" as the recipient of the Inquiry and select E-mail as the method of receipt
- When you receive an e-signed statement from RSU Student Service, you will need to send an electronic document to sekretariatsrigassatiksme[pnkts]lv with information to which RS center you will go to extend the discount
- Remember to book your visit at one of the "Rīgas Satiksme" customer service centers! This will allow you not to stand in line and receive the required service faster. Bring your personalized e-ticket and passport / ID card and remember to inform the RS customer service specialist that you have sent an electronic statement to sekretariatsrigassatiksme[pnkts]lv!