Conference: Topical Issues of the Legal System
The Faculty of Law at Rīga Stradiņš University (RSU), is organising the international scientific and practical conference Topical Issues of the Legal System on 23 April 2020 together with the Baltic Centre for Strategic Studies, Siedlce University of Natural Sciences and Humanities (Poland), Mykolas Romeris University, Law College (Lithuania) and Yaroslav Mudryi National Law University (Ukraine).
The aim of the conference is to identify current conceptual and strategic approaches of Latvian national and international policy of various legal areas with the aim to evaluate, improve and develop particular areas. One of the main tasks of the conference is to encourage the exchange of experience in developing legal policies in different countries and areas.
The aim of the conference is to explore practical and research activities, as well as to promote the exchange of knowledge and experience between specialists and academics.
In the conference the following issues will receive special attention:
- Section 1: legal system and common legislative policy in Latvia and abroad, the trends of development
- Section 2: challenges in civil and criminal legal system
- Section 3: legal systems – international and human rights perspective
- Section 4: the problems of current operating procedures
- Section 5: police – yesterday, today and tomorrow
These and other issues will be considered, analysed and solutions will be sought. Professionals and experts from Lithuania, Poland, Ukraine, Sweden and Latvia will take part in the conference who specialise in issues of security, prevention and combating crime .