International Summer School 2020 Riga
Economic Modelling in Health Care: An Application-Oriented Approach
Baltic-German University Liaison Office
From 14 to 19 September Rīga Stradiņš University Institute of Public Health is organising the International Summer School 2020 Riga (ISSR 2020) "Economic Modelling in Health Care: An Application-Oriented Approach"
- Data Analysis in Health Care. Understanding the Data: sourcing, interpretation and context
- Prescriptive Analytics in Health Care using the Open Source Software
- Health care intervention cost-effectiveness analysis (Decision trees, Markov models)
- Health service delivery modelling using operational research approaches
- System Dynamics and the Coronavirus Pandemic – a theoretical and practical consideration
- Process Management using Simulation in Hospitals
- Modelling and Simulation of Business Processes in Health Care – Game-Based Learning as an application example
- Prof. Steffen Flessa, University of Greifswald, Germany
- Prof. Olav Götz, APOLLON University of Applied Science, Germany, Visiting Lecturer, Rīga Stradiņš University, Latvia
- Prof. Martin Pitt, University of Exeter, United Kingdom
- Prof. Sebastian Rachuba, University of Wuppertal, Germany
- Dr. Sven Lueke, VADEMECON, Germany
- Dr. Daiga Behmane, Riga Stradiņš University, Latvia
ISSR 2020 will be an intensive week of on-site, on-line lectures and interactive seminars. ISSR 2020 is organized within the framework of international cooperation in the master's programme "Health Management" and is open to international students, RSU programmes, as well as RSU academic and research staff.
A personal computer is preferred for the practical classes, special software will be provided, additional information for registered participants will follow.
Summer school schedule: Monday to Friday 9:00–18:00
Venue: Anniņmuižas bulvāris 26a, Rīga
The number of on-site participants is limited to a maximum of 20 participants in the room (subject to change due to COVID-19 containment measures).
Further information and questions regarding accommodation and travelling issues
Daiga Behmane, RSU Institute of Public Health, daiga[pnkts]behmanersu[pnkts]lv
Prof. Dr. Olav Götz, APOLLON University, olav[pnkts]goetzapollon-hochschule[pnkts]de