RSU strengthens cooperation with international clinics
Representatives from a number of international medical institutions that partner with Rīga Stradiņš University (RSU) visited Riga on 7 – 8 November. During the meeting current issues related to the reorganisation of the Medicine study programme (Medicine 2.0) were discussed, including placement opportunities during the last study year.
RSU representatives and guests also discussed the most successful solutions for organising placement rotations, the experience of the cooperation, as well as opportunities for organising clinical training cycles for international students in their home countries. RSU Vice-Rector for Science Agrita Kiopa and the directors of the research institutes reported on research projects and current studies carried out at RSU.
RSU Rector Prof. Aigars Pētersons signed an agreement with the Bremen Hospital Association at the meeting stipulating that 6th year RSU students will have 40 placement places in their home countries starting already with the upcoming academic year.
The discussion was followed by visits to the RSU Dentistry Preclinical Centre, the Anatomical Theatre and the Medical Education and Technology Centre.
The event was attended by the following representatives from RSU partner institutions:
- Prof. Here W. Folkerts, Medical Director of the Wilhelmshaven Clinic, Germany;
- Angela Grote-Reith, Chief Physician of the Rheine Hospital (Matias Stiftung), Germany;
- Karin Hochbaum, Director of the Division of Corporate Development and Medical Strategy at the Bremen Hospital Association, Germany;
- Lydia Pescollderungg, Head of the Paediatrics Department of Bolzano Clinic / Head of RSU Clinical Training Centre, Italy;
- Stav Brodsky, RSU coordinator in Israel.