Vacancy for project "To strengthen the capacity of Academic Staff at Rīga Stradiņš University“
Rīga Stradiņš University is recruiting a visiting lecturer within the framework of Project Applications Selection Round of Specific Objective 8.2.2 To Strengthen Academic Staff of Higher Education Institutions in the Areas of Strategic Specialization, project Capacity Building of Rīga Stradiņš University Academic Staff.
Rīga Stradiņš University (RSU) is one of the leading and most modern higher education establishments in the Baltic region with the vision of becoming a prestigious, advanced, Europe wide and globally recognized university with its principal asset – the people at its core, providing research-based, high-quality and exportable higher education.
Project objective: to strengthen RSU academic staffs’ capacity through internships at local businesses and training in the areas requiring additional competences and to increase the university’s academic community by attracting foreign academics and doctoral students.
Term of implementation: 1 January 2019 – 31 December 2022.
Employment period: at least 6 months during the project implementation term as well as at least 6 months after project implementation. The remuneration policy is set in accordance with RSU regulations on the procedure for the attraction of visiting lecturers approved by the RSU Senate on 23.01.2018 (Minutes No 2-1/23.01.18).
Area of employment: Conducting the study courses Law in Medicine, Patient Rights and Patient Safety: Legal and Administrative Aspects of the 2nd level professional higher education study programme "Law" in the Study direction “Law”.
Requirements for the applicant
- Person who has been holding an academic position at an accredited foreign higher education institution, preferably in the EU during the previous five years
- Doctoral degree in relevant or related field of science (PhD or equivalent)
- Person who has relevant practical or scientific work experience in science of law
- Published monographs and scientific articles, including at least 3 indexed issues
- Participation with presentations/reports in at least 2 international conferences
- Previous experience in developing study materials and improving study content, including distance learning courses
- Fluent English (at least level C1, according to the Europass CV self-assessment scale), knowledge of other foreign languages and the ability to use the language in teaching and methodological work
- Very good digital literacy (according to the Europass CV self-assessment scale) and knowledge of web-based study environments
- Leadership skills
The application must include the following documents
- Application form (Annex 1)
- CV in the Europass format
- Copy of the doctoral diploma
- List of publications (last 5 years)
Documents must be sent or submitted in person to RSU Records Management and Archives Department, Dzirciema iela 16, Rīga, by 30 November 2020.