Media and Information Literacy & Innovative Teaching Methods Laboratory
Thus the main tasks of the project are to create a transnational and trans-disciplinary centre of knowledge exchange and building up of capacities and competences, as well as data base of resources in theory and methodology in media and information literacy education that strongly draws on the results of practical research, creative experiments and project based approach (concept of laboratory), identify main development of MIL and structure and shape of needs of MIL in society, to create a study program taking in account this knowledge obtained and the character of flexible changing media and information sphere today.
The partners' structure represents five universities, Media and Information Literacy & Innovative Teaching Methods Laboratory expertise centre (Nordicom) as a part of Goteborg University and two representatives of stakeholders (news agency LETA, NLL).
In the centre of the Media and Information Literacy & Innovative Teaching Methods Laboratory project is the changing concept of literacy. The major concern of contemporary education is how to develop media literacy taking in account all aspects of sub-forms that could be described at least as three – media, information and digital accents in media literacy. In this context the MIL & LAB project is planned to meet all challenges in complexity and mutation taking as a starting point the uses of media by an individual, a member of society, a group, literate in and responsible for his/her actions acknowledging as its philosophy actor-oriented practice and project based teaching being best way to move on in practical education.
- Kick-off meeting (December, 2017). Place: Riga, Latvia. Goal: Creation the project implementation plan, discussion on cooperation agreement, preparation of guidelines on administrative and financial procedures.
- Team meeting (April, 2018), during the workshop on Media and Information Literacy experience. Place: Tartu, Estonia. Goal: planning, monitoring and supervision of progress.
- Team meeting (October, 2018), the workshop on first draft of study program. Place: Vilnius, Lithuania. Goal: planning, monitoring and supervision of progress.
- Team meeting (January, 2019), the conference on Media and Information Literacy teaching methods. Place: Riga, Latvia. Goal: planning, monitoring and supervision of progress, monitoring of activities, dissemination of the project outputs.
- Team meeting (April, 2019), the workshop on final draft of study program. Place: Wroclaw, Poland. Goal: monitoring and supervision of progress, planning the publishing of collection of articles.
Information about the project: Jevgēnija Jakovļeva (jevgenija[pnkts]jakovlevarsu[pnkts]lv)