To get basic knowledge and skills in data processing methods (descriptive statistics, inferential statistics methods to estimate differences and analytical statistics), to use in scientific work.
Secondary school knowledge in mathematics and informatics.
After completion of this course, students will demonstrate basic knowledge that allows to:
* recognise terminology used in statistics and basic methods used in different publications;
* know MS Excel and IBM SPSS offered data processing tools;
* know data processing method criteria;
* correctly interpret the most important statistical indicators.
After completion of this course, students will demonstrate skills:
* to input and edit data in computer programs MS Excel and IBM SPSS;
* to prepare data for statistical analysis correctly;
* to choose appropriate data processing methods, incl., be able to do statistical hypothesis testing;
* statistically analyse research data using computer programs MS Excel and IBM SPSS;
* create tables and graphs in MS Excel and IBM SPSS programmes with obtained results;
* describe obtained research results correctly.
After completion of this course, students will be able to argument and make decisions about statistical data processing methods, use them to achieve research aims, using computer programs MS Excel and IBM SPSS, practically use learned statistical basic methods to process research data.