Health Psychology (VPUPK_247)
Develop the postgraduate students’ understanding of health psychology, focusing on health behaviour of an individual and its change, stress management, perception and representation of the disease, communication in the healthcare environment, as well as to develop students’ skills and competence to link and relate the knowledge of health psychology to health communication practice in various target groups.
• Name and describe the goals, tasks and basic methodological principles of health psychology.
• Describe the relationship between the factors of stress and a personality and health.
• Name and describe the factors creating the perception of the disease, representation and interpretation of symptoms.
• Name and describe the factors affecting health behaviour in chronic disease patients and major psychological intervention groups.
• List the factors creating the models of health behaviour.
• Describe the communication of individuals in the healthcare environment.
• Identify the effects of stress and personality factors when discussing the perception of the disease, representation, health behaviour in chronic disease patients, models of health behaviour and communication of individuals in the healthcare environment.
• Compare various models of health behaviour and review conditions for changing health behaviour.
• Interpret the problem situations described in mass media in relation to research conducted in health psychology on communication in the healthcare environment.
Describe and apply the concepts of health psychology in communication with an individual in various target groups.