Sexual Education and Family Planning (MDAK_015)
To provide theoretical knowledge on issues regarding sexual and reproductive health and family planning, as well as to develop practical skills in solving problems of sexual and reproductive health and family planning.
Preliminary knowledge in physiology, anatomy, pharmacology, psychology.
As a result of completing the study course students gain basic knowledge of concepts, basic principles, legal aspects, problems of sexual and reproductive health, principles of choosing family planning and contraceptive methods, indications, contraindications and usage.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will know how to:
• provide recommendations regarding sexual and reproductive health issues to individuals of various age and gender;
• provide recommendations regarding family planning and contraceptive methods, by helping to make a choice, according to the individual’s needs;
• educate members of society about issues regarding sexual and reproductive health, as well as family planning and contraception.
Upon successful completion of the course, student will be able to:
• assess the importance of sexual and reproductive health in individual’s life;
• objectively assess the compatibility of a particular family planning and contraceptive method to a specific individual;
• assess the necessity to promote, preserve and maintain sexual and reproductive health.
Study course planning
|Study programme||Study semester||Program level||Study course category||Lecturers||Schedule|
|Midwifery, MZFVb||3||Bachelor’s||Required||Valentīna Beļavska, Linda Mātere, Māra Grieze|