Vacancy for project "To strengthen the capacity of Academic Staff at Rīga Stradiņš University“
Rīga Stradiņš University is recruiting a visiting lecturer within the framework of Project Applications Selection Round of Specific Objective 8.2.2 To Strengthen Academic Staff of Higher Education Institutions in the Areas of Strategic Specialization, project Capacity Building of Rīga Stradiņš University Academic Staff.
Rīga Stradiņš University (RSU) is one of the leading and most modern higher education establishments in the Baltic region with the vision of becoming a prestigious, advanced, Europe wide and globally recognized university with its principal asset – the people at its core, providing research-based, high-quality and exportable higher education.
Project objective: to strengthen RSU academic staffs’ capacity through internships at local businesses and training in the areas requiring additional competences and to increase the university’s academic community by attracting foreign academics and doctoral students.
Term of implementation: 1 January 2019 – 31 December 2022.
Employment period: at least 6 months during the project implementation term as well as at least 6 months after project implementation. The remuneration policy is set in accordance with RSU regulations on the procedure for the attraction of visiting lecturers approved by the RSU Senate on 23.01.2018 (Minutes No 2-1/23.01.18).
Area of employment: Master’s study programme Health Management in the Healthcare study direction. 1) Summer school Economic modelling in health care preparation of the course materials, conducting of the lectures and practical classes (30 academic hours); 2) Creation of the distance learnig content of Master's study programme Health Management (at least 24 academic hours); 3) Development of the content of Master's study programme Health Management (at least 48 academic hours); 4) Condacting of the lectures and practical classes in Health Economics (36 academic hours).
Requirements for the applicant
- Academic position at an accredited foreign higher education institution, preferably in the EU during the previous five years
- Doctoral degree in Economics, Business or Management (PhD or equivalent)
- Relevant practical or scientific work experience in Health Economics and Health Management
- Published monographs and scientific articles, including at least 3 indexed issues
- Participation with presentations/reports in at least 2 international conferences
- Previous experience in developing study materials and improving study content, including distance learning courses
- Fluent English (at least level C1, according to the Europass CV self-assessment scale), knowledge of other foreign languages and the ability to use the language in teaching and methodological work
- Very good digital literacy (according to the Europass CV self-assessment scale) and knowledge of web-based study environments
- Leadership skills
The application must include the following documents
- Application form (Annex 1)
- CV in the Europass format
- Copy of the doctoral diploma
- List of publications (last 5 years)
Documents must be sent or submitted in person to RSU Records Management and Archives Department, 16 Dzirciema iela 16, Rīga, by 5 May 2020.