Clinical Pharmacology (LF_034)
Students must acquire knowledge of the pharmacological groups of medicines and formulated products, be able to assess the effectiveness and safety of medicines, know what information should be provided about medicines for safe use by the patient, and also be able to find the right solution in case of negative effects of medicines.
In physiology, pharmacology, pathological physiology.
As a result of completing the study course, students acquire basic knowledge and competence in the care of patients receiving medical therapy.
As a result of completing the study course, students will be able to evaluate and analyse the effectiveness and side effects of medication care, side effects, educate the patient about the correct use of medicines.
As a result of completing the study course, students will be able to:
• plan the administration of medicines;
• evaluate and analyse the patient’s condition while taking medicines;
• anticipate problems related to taking medicines;
• analyse the positive and negative effects of medicines on the body;
• educate the patient about correct use of medicines, possible problems, clinical manifestations thereof, actions in case long-term use of medicines is planned.