Different Types of Health Exercise Classes (SUUK_019)
Promote the acquisition of knowledge about the different types of exercise, their effects on the movement of the support apparatus, muscles and cardiovascular system, their role in strengthening the health of different age, gender.
Preliminary knowledge about physical activity are recommended, but knowledge may be obtained also during educational process, if it were absent previously.
As a result of the study course students will know and be able to:
• name and describe the various health-promoting exercises;
• formulate the impact of different types of exercise on human health;
• list and classify health gymnastics;
• define concepts – Pilates, Yoga, Body Art, Fit-ball, Nordic Walking, etc.;
• identify the main factors on which human health depends;
• describe the workout load for each type of exercise offered;
• explain the use of different types of exercise in health prevention;
• select the types of gymnastics suitable for each client;
• explain the specifics of different types of physical activity for different health problems;
• interpret the basic principles of health fitness training.
After completing this course, students will:
• be able to use strength, balance, muscle stretching, aerobic exercises for health promotion and disease prevention;
• be able to briefly describe and sketch exercises of different types of gymnastics;
• be able to develop new exercises and apply them correctly to individual health problems;
• be able to design a simple health exercise program and recommend it to people of all ages and genders;
• be able to use big gym balls, balance surfaces, small gym balls, sticks, dumbbells, gymnastic cords;
• be able to control the work of his muscles, dose the load;
• be able to select and recommend suitable exercises for each client;
• raise awareness of the balance of exercise and nutrition in weight management and weight loss.
Students will have gained an insight into the health of human health significance of improving quality of life with different kinds of gymnastics. Learning to understand what each person needs individually.