Health Journalism (KSK_229)
Give graduate students understanding of the theoretical and practical aspects of health journalism, analysing different types of media practices, professional and ethical issues in health journalism in media of Latvia, EU and other countries.
The course “Communication Theories, Principles, Ethics and Rights” mastered.
Students acquire knowledge of:
• Health media system and health journalism.
• Assessment criteria for health journalism.
• Ethics and legal aspects of health journalism.
• Sources of health journalism and criteria for their selection.
• Recognise the manifestations of health journalism.
• Understand professional approaches in health journalism.
• Use knowledge of health journalism in improving its quality.
• Apply knowledge to improve the quality of health journalism.
• Analyse health journalism practices.
Recognise, organise, prepare and evaluate health journalism by assessing its professional quality, ethics and legal issues.