Health Law. Patient Rights and Personal Data in the Public Communication (KSK_232)
Develop the graduate student understanding of the regulatory framework in the health sector in the following basic issues: organisation of health care, activity of medical practitioners, patient rights, achievements in the area of science and technology. The students’ ability to analyse basic issues in the context of the health law is developed. On successful completion of the course students understand the fundamental issues of the health law and are able to independently analyse simple issues related to the health law, as well as critically perceive the information about the regulatory framework.
Basic understanding of public communication. It is desirable to have knowledge of law.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of the regulatory framework in health sector in the fields of organisation of health care, activity of medical practitioners, patient rights and achievements in science and technologies.
• Understanding of the application of regulatory enactments and issues to the health law.
• Identify and analyse simple problem situations and issues in accordance with the regulatory framework of the health sector.
• Choose the relevant regulatory enactment in accordance with the situation and interpret its application to a specific situation and explain their choice and application in a reasoned manner.
• Critically analyse and evaluate the scope of the regulatory framework and interpret it in the context of responsibilities and the situation.
• Respect the rights of the patient and relatives in their activities, analyse and evaluate interaction between the responsibilities.
Critically analyse practical cases in health sector, choose the appropriate regulatory framework and its scope, as well as the method of interpretation.