Public Health (SVUEK_122)
The aim of the course is to extend knowledge and improve competence of basic issues of the modern society and introduce the diversity of issues to be addressed in public health and the applicable methods of problem identification, control and prevention.
Secondary school education.
• Define the concept of health and name the main categories of health affecting factors.
• Name health indicators to be used for assessing health and applicable data sources.
• Formulate functions of the public health sector.
• List the main areas of activity of public health nowadays.
• List key public health issues and their causes and prevention options.
• Classify health determinants.
• Explain the nature of the indicators used for assessing health and opportunities of using them.
• Differentiate and compare various sources of health information.
• Apply the concepts used in public health.
• Analyse indicators and information characterising the public health issues.
• Relate and generalise health assessment and measurement issues to public health practice.
• Justify the nature of public health sector and its role within historical and demographic context.
• Critically assess and justify the problems and the situation in public health, applying data sources used in public health.
Study course planning
|Study programme||Study semester||Program level||Study course category||Lecturers||Schedule|
|International Business and Start-up Entrepreneurship, IBSE||4||Bachelor’s||Limited choice|