Student Services at Rīga Stradiņš University (RSU) is a structural unit committed to assisting current and prospective students in their academic and everyday needs. Student Services can give advice on the study process and provide general information about other structural units like their location and contact information. Students seeking information can do so in person, by phone, or by email.
Due to the epidemiological safety measures in Latvia and implementation of precautions for the containment of the spread of Covid-19 infection at Rīga Stradiņš University Student Services communicate with customers remotely as much as possible.
• Status reference, Transcript of records, Skills reference – student can apply for these documents in the student portal MyRSU
E-Services section “Applications and references”
- If the student has Latvian ID code the reference for Rīgas satiksme is not necessary, the discount for e-talon can be prolonged in the Student portal MyRSU
• Applications – various content application forms are available at https://www.rsu.lv/en/student-services section “Services”. Filled form has to be sent from RSU student e-mail to studentuservissrsu[pnkts]lv
• Student card, student card`s expiration date sticker
- 1st semester students will receive their student cards after the 5th of October 2020
- Students of other semesters student cards expiration stickers can receive in person with a previously booked appointment or by mail
• Purchasing of souvenirs is temporary closed
• Consultations about study- related issues, including student loans, scholarships, schedules and the time and location of lectures, information about RSU structural units and employees are provided by phone or e-mail
If necessary customers can be served in person only with a previously booked appointment. To book an appointment please call
Student Services is wishing you good success in studies!
At Student Services you can:
get information about study opportunities at RSU, admission requirements, and student hostels;
- receive information on how to get access to e-resources;
- inquire about various study-related issues including student loans, scholarships, schedules and the time and location of lectures;
- inquire about tuition fee discounts;
- receive directions to various RSU classrooms or facilities;
- receive information about RSU structural units and employees;
- receive general information about important events at RSU;
- purchase souvenirs with RSU logo.
- Student ID
RSU student IDs are issued and renewed by Student Services. All students are required to carry their student ID with them in order to:
- access services provided by Student Services;
- access services provided by the RSU Library;
- access to RSU auditoriums and study bases.
Any RSU structural unit may ask students to present a valid RSU student ID.
- Forms and applications
Below you can find the forms and application documents on various matters:
Change of status
- Academic leave / return after Academic leave (this application should be submitted to Student Services in person)
- Exmatriculation / return after exmatriculation (this application should be submitted to Student Services in person)
Applications can be filled out and submitted on-site at Student Services, or sent from your rsu.edu.lv e-mail to: studentuservissrsu[pnkts]lv
- References and certificates
Student Services issues certificates and references needed for various state and public institutions, for example the State Revenue Service, the State Social Insurance Agency, RP SIA Rīgas satiksme etc.
You can apply for certificates electronically by filling out an application on MyRSU (in the "E-services / Applications" section).
Certificates can be obtained in Latvian, or English in print, or electronically and are signed with a secure electronic signature containing a time stamp.Certificates will be issued within three working days following receipt of the request (in January, February and June, July it can take up to 20 working days). The certificate will be ready for pick up at the RSU Student Services (1st Floor, 16 Dzirciema iela) by presenting a valid RSU student ID or another form of personal ID. If the reference is not collected within a month it will be destroyed.
At Student Services you can request a transcript of your academic record for completed study courses. You can request transcripts for the entire study period or for a particular semester.
The transcript contains information on which academic year and semester specific courses were taken. The following information is available on the transcript: course title, type of examination, credit points, assessment.
You can also apply for transcripts electronically by filling out an application on MyRSU (in the "E-services / Applications" section).
You can receive your transcript in Latvian, or English in print, or electronically and signed with a secure electronic signature that contains a time stamp.Certificates will be issued within three working days following receipt of the request (in January, February and June, July it can take up to 20 working days). The certificate will be ready for pick up at the RSU Student Services (1st Floor, 16 Dzirciema iela) by presenting a valid RSU student ID or another form of personal ID. If the reference is not collected within a month it will be destroyed.
At the start of their studies each student is assigned a username to access the electronic student portal (MyRSU). Use the self-service feature to retrieve or renew the password required for access to RSU IT systems.
MyRSU contains information and services related to studies and the study process, as well as various services provided by the university:
- class schedules,
- e-courses with study materials (e-studies),
- records of video lectures,
- study course descriptions,
- access to documents regulating studies (internal and external regulatory enactments),
- a private e-mail account,
- RSU contact information,
- application for student status certificate and record transcript,
- application for fare discount on public transportation,
- information on scholarships,
- information on grants,
- manage your print, scan, and copy settings,
- study course questionnaires,
- online databases,
- the latest information on student life,
- free Microsoft Office software.
RSU provides access to the safe wireless network Eduroam WiFi. Students canconnect to Eduroam with their RSU username and password. Eduroam is available in 36 European countries as well as in Australia, USA and Canada. In Latvia Eduroam is available at RSU, the University of Latvia and Riga Technical University.
Should you have any questions or problems with RSU IT systems please contact the RSU IT Service Center by calling +371 67 061 515, writing to itrsu[pnkts]lv or by visiting Room 115 in Block G (16 Dzirciema iela).
Further information about MyRSU is available here.