Doctoral study grants
Grants for Rīga Stradiņš University (RSU) doctoral students are allocated for a period not exceeding twelve months (until 31 December). The grant can cover the following costs that are incurred during the study process in conformity with the topic of the doctoral thesis:
- Conference and congress fees (and other relevant costs) if the doctoral student gives an oral presentation at the event and holds a written or electronic confirmation issued by the event’s organisers;
- Purchasing literature (which is to remain in the possession of RSU) and subscribing to periodicals (of which RSU remains the user);
- Costs for drafting and publishing scientific publications in internationally quotable journals;
- Purchasing laboratory materials and reagents, small technologies and small medical equipment;
- Analyses, examinations (to be performed at RSU laboratories as a priority) and other services associated with drafting the doctoral thesis.
The grant’s amounts are as follows:
- first study year – up to 2,000 EUR;
- second study year – up to 4,000 EUR;
- third study year – up to 3,000 EUR.
Grant project for 2020
|Submission of grant project estimates||06–17 January 2020|
|Review of grant project estimates||20–31 January 2020|
|Announcement of results||07 February 2020|
|Submission of grant project reports for 2019||02–23 December 2019|