RSU International Department ensures the University’s international cooperation, as well as the admission and integration of international students. The International Admissions Office is a part of the International Department.
RSU International Department is responsible for the following functions at the University:
Admission of international applicants
- Recruiting international applicants, promoting the University abroad;
- Advising international applicants on study opportunities;
- Organising informative events such as the Open Days;
- Managing the admission process of international applicants;
- Providing assistance with immigration.
Integration of international students
- Organising the Orientation Week;
- Coordinating the mentoring programme for incoming international students and organising workshops for mentors;
- Ensuring cooperation with international student organisations;
- Arranging various integration events (e.g., Speed-friending, Meet the Ambassador, Coffee Break with International Students, etc.).
Coordination of the Erasmus+ programme
- Providing all university stakeholders with information on mobility and Erasmus+ project opportunities;
- Organising incoming and outgoing mobilities;
- Providing administrative support during the Erasmus+ project preparation and implementation phases;
- Creating and maintaining a network of partner universities.
Cooperation with the European Institute of Innovation and Technology's Health Knowledge and Innovation Community (EIT Health)
- Representing EIT Health in Latvia;
- Creating awareness about EIT Health programmes and opportunities among the participants of the Latvian healthcare eco-system;
- Facilitating the development of the Latvian healthcare eco-system by the support of EIT Health.
Other international cooperation activities
- Arranging visits of international guests and delegations;
- Providing administrative support to the University’s units in the preparation and implementation of international projects;
- Preparing informative and marketing materials for international audiences.
Provision of translation services
- Providing translation services in various languages for the needs of the units of the University;
- Providing consultations regarding the use of terminology;
- Building and maintaining English Style and Terminology Guide.