Ministry of Health Announces Competition for Positions as Members of RSU Council Nominated by Cabinet of Ministers
The Ministry of Health (reg. No. 90001474921) has announced a competition for several positions of Member of the Riga Stradiņš University (RSU) Council nominated by the Cabinet of Ministers (five positions for a four-year term).
- Compliance with the requirements set out in Section 14.1, Paragraphs 10, 11 and 12 of the Law on Higher Education Institutions;
- Higher education acquired at the highest level of education according to the Latvian Qualifications Framework (except for first level vocational higher education), which provides the necessary set of knowledge and competencies to professionally carry out the duties of a member of the University Council. Preferably a Doctor of Science degree;
- Impeccable reputation (a candidate is deemed to have impeccable reputation in the absence of evidence to the contrary and in the absence of reasonable doubt as to their impeccable reputation);
- Work experience that provides the necessary set of skills to carry out the duties of a member of the Riga Stradiņš University Council professionally:
- at least five years' experience in organisation management or another senior management position within the past ten years (please include the relevant work experience in your application);
- practical experience working in a senior strategic or managerial role in an organisation within the past ten years (please include the relevant work experience in your application);
- Professional experience in the following areas (please include the relevant work experience in your application):
- financial management and auditing;
- risk management and internal control systems;
- international cooperation.
- Management experience in the following areas (please include the relevant work experience in your application):
- establishing cooperation networks, including higher education and labour market cooperation;
- team and stakeholder management.
- Experience in change management;
- An understanding of higher education and research trends in Latvia and globally;
- An understanding of strategic management of a higher education institution;
- Presentation skills (using digital technologies);
- Communication and debate skills;
- English language proficiency to the extent necessary to carry out the duties of a University Council Member professionally (please include a self-assessment of your English language proficiency in your application).
Candidates' eligibility for the position of Member of the RSU Council will be assessed in the following competences:
- strategic vision (critical competence);
- change management;
- orientation towards international development;
- result-orientation (critical competence);
- and responsibility.
At the end of the selection process, the candidate that scores the highest will be put forward to the Cabinet for approval.
The competence of the council of a State higher education institution is laid down in Section 14.² of the Law on Higher Education Institutions.
In accordance with Section 14.1, Paragraph 16 of the Law on Higher Education Institutions, the remuneration of Members of the Council is determined in accordance with the average remuneration level of academic staff at RSU – the monthly remuneration of a Member of the Council is equal to the average remuneration level of the academic staff in the previous year up to 1,332 EUR (gross).
- A declaration of consent by the natural person to participate in the selection procedure, if the application is submitted by a representative of society (natural person, public, non-governmental, private sector, as well as an institution or organisation nominated by society as defined in the Law on Higher Education Institutions);
- Motivation letter that includes:
- information confirming the candidate's professional and managerial experience as specified in the requirements, including the time when this experience was acquired (if the application letter does not describe the work experience necessary for the position, the Selection Committee will consider that the candidate does not have such experience);
- a declaration of compliance with the requirements set out in Section 14.1, Paragraphs 10, 11 and 12 of the Law on Higher Education Institutions;
- A summary of of the candidate's life and work experience (CV) that includes a self-assessment of the candidate's Latvian and English language proficiency levels and contact information (e-mail and phone number).
- Copies documents proving the candidate's higher education.
The selection process will take place in 3 rounds:
Round 1 will consist of the assessment of the relevance of the submitted documents and the application letter;
Round 2 consists of an interview were the Selection Committee will assess candidates' suitability to serve on the RSU Council. Candidates will also be requested to present their vision about development trends in higher education and research in both Latvia and globally, as well as on the priorities of activities at Riga Stradiņš University;
Round 3 consists of an assessment of candidates' competences in the defined areas of work experience.
Based on Article 13 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), the Ministry of Health hereby informs that:
the personal data provided in the application documents of the candidate will be processed in order to ensure the operational aspects of the selection procedure;
the controller for the processing of the candidate's personal data is the Ministry of Health (taxpayer registration No. 90001474921), contact details: Brīvības iela 72 k-1, Riga, LV-1011.
On the basis of Section 25, Paragraph one of the Personal Data Processing Law, please be informed that the personal data provided in the application documents will be processed in order to ensure the operational aspects of the personnel selection competition;