Health Care Economics (SVUEK_048)
Aim of the course is to give students knowledge of health economics, by supplementing it with a health care organization theory and practice issues.
Basics in knowledge in market economics.
Student will know and understand:
• the internationally accepted basic values and health policy that is based on values; the main international and Latvian health policy documents;
• health care financing system in the world, the Latvian system characteristics according to international classification;
• the organizational structure of Latvian health care;
• Latvian health care laws and regulations;
• health care cost structure and needs, Latvian service procurement principles;
• economic analysis of the costs of health.
The students will be able to:
• assess the Latvian health financing system;
• orientate themselves in Latvian national health care organizational structure and its management.
Critically evaluate and use the data of health services cost economic analysis, to use them in the guidance and planning of research work.