Health Statistics (SL_021)
Promote knowledge acquisition of key issues, statistical indicators and tests used in health statistics. Raise the students’ awareness of the role of statistics in research and interpretation.
Basic knowledge of Mathematics.
1. Accurate use of basic statistical concepts.
2. Describe measurement data using basic statistical tests and indicators.
1. Able to enter data in the processing program.
2. Determine the type of data and evaluate their distribution.
3. Able to formulate hypotheses (zero; alternative) and choose the appropriate test.
4. Able to calculate ratios of the regression equation.
5. Able to calculate Pearson and Spearman’s correlation ratios.
6. Able to draw data specific diagrams.
Students will be able to select appropriate statistical data processing methods, formulate hypotheses, process data and interpret the obtained results. Evaluate the obtained data using statistical and analytical tools.