Mathematical Statistics I (SL_011)
Enhance knowledge and practical skills about data analying methods, that are needed to master course Mathematical Statistics II, and to interpret statistical indicators used in public health.
Secondary school knowledge in mathematics and informatics.
Upon successful acquisition of the course, the students will:
* Recognise statistical terminology and basic methods used in scientific publications;
* Know MS Excel, SPSS offered probabilities in data processing and visualising;
* Know parametric and nonparametric methods criteria.
Upon successful acquisition of the course, the students will be able to:
* Set up and edit database in MS Excel and SPSS;
* Precisely prepare data for statistical analysis;
* Create and edit tables, graphics;
* Process data using computer programmes;
* Choose correct data processing methods, that is to do statistical hypothesis;
* Choose correct data analysis reporting methods to represent results.
Upon successful acquisition of the course, the students will be able to interpet main statistical indicators in health science and practically use gained knowledge.